Our compute nodes are based on IBM/Lenovo System X or ThinkServer hardware. Deployed in redundant pairs we use the latest hypervisor technology to continually mirror between nodes. Using enterprise-class server hardware is critical to providing the reliability, and dependability needed by your solution. We host a combination of RHEL, CentOS and MS-Windows Server configuration. Our network platform is based on HP Enterprise and Brocade networking equipment.
Scalability and performance
Compute Nodes are usually 1, 2 or 4U data centre optimised machines designed to boost performance, improve scalability, and reduce costs:
- Improves productivity by offering superior system performances with up to 12-core processors, up to 30 MB of L3 cache, and up to 9.6 GT/s QPI interconnect links.
- Each node is deployed with two Intel Hyper-Threading processors, permiting upto 24 cores, and 48 threads maximize.
- Intelligent and adaptive system performance with energy efficient Intel Turbo Boost Technology allows CPU cores to run at maximum speeds during peak workloads by temporarily going beyond processor thermal design power (TDP).
- Intel Advanced Vector Extensions 2.0 (AVX 2.0) enable acceleration of enterprise-class workloads such as databases, enterprise resource planning, and others.
- Up to 2133 MHz memory speeds with two DIMMs per channel running at 2133 MHz to help maximize system performance.
- The 12 Gbps SAS internal storage connectivity doubles the data transfer rate compared to 6 Gb SAS solutions to maximize performance of storage I/O-intensive applications.
Availability and serviceability
- Our server use hot-swap enterprise grade drives using RAID redundancy for data protection and greater system uptime.
- We use redundant hot-swap power supplies and redundant fans to provide availability for business-critical applications.
- Built-in ThinkServer System Manager TSM continuously monitors system parameters and triggers alerts
- Optional service upgrades are available.
Manageability and security
- ThinkServer Service Management Module provides advanced monitoring and remote control from our operations centre.
- Embedded ThinkServer Deployment Manager (TDM) provides a complete set of provisioning capabilities from a single interface, automating many of the tasks associated with server provisioning.
- Intel Execute Disable Bit functionality is used to help prevent certain classes of malicious buffer overflow attacks when combined with a supporting operating system.Intel Trusted Execution Technology provides enhanced security through hardware-based resistance to malicious software attacks, allowing an application to run in its own isolated space, protected from all other software running on a system.
- Energy-efficient planar components help lower environmental impact.
- High-efficiency power supplies with 80 PLUS Platinum and Titanium certifications.
- Intel Intelligent Power Capability powers individual processor elements on and off as needed, to reduce power draw.
- Low-voltage Intel Xeon processors draw less energy to satisfy the demands of power and thermally constrained data centers and telecommunication environments.
- Low-voltage 1.2 V DDR4 memory DIMMs consume up to 20% less energy compared to 1.35 V DDR3 DIMMs in older hardware.
Our storage servers are built on enterprise-class Network Attached Storage appliances built on the same ThinkServer innovations. Individual storage nodes contain either 4, 8 or 12 4TB drives in a RAID configuration depending on requirements . This provides significant flexability in how we provision custom solutions. Each our our staoge server features centralized storage management and unified file sharing using NAS file and iSCSI block technologies. We run Microsoft Windows Storage Server on each server providing advanced storage functionality including storage spaces, data deduplication and compression.